Metals, Alloys & Mining
With over 30 years of extensive, comprehensive cleaning experience in steel and alloy mills as well as mine processing plants, we provide productive, quality, safety-compliant vacuuming, hydroblasting and other specialty services with the rapid response you can depend on.
Thompson has been a leading service provider to the steel, alloy and mining materials industries for decades and we capitalize on that first-hand experience to serve our clients on a routine basis, many with dedicated, on-site based crews and equipment spanning over 15 years. With nearly a thousand employees and over 100 each of vacuum trucks and hydroblasters, complimented by numerous specialty services’ equipment such as dry ice blasters, we are equipped to handle all of your major outages and day-to-day industrial cleaning work. Our ability to maintain a rigid safety compliance program in these environments, including MSHA at our mining material sites, we know and understand the constant vigilance to adhere to the exacting standards required from mandatory training, personal credentials, record keeping to chocking the wheels of a vehicle.
- Sumps, trenches, drains et al – vacuum sludge, grease, oil and associated residuals
- Conveyors and transfer points – vacuum bulk, dry aggregate (e.g. cement, ash filler, DRI dust et al) and composite materials
- Kiln coolers and duct work
- Silo cleaning
- Rail car cleaning
- Pickle Lines
- Melt shop top feeds and floors
- Dust collectors and floors
- Beam mill, roll mill, cold mill and hot mill cleaning
- Liquid vacuuming of cell houses
- Degasser cleaning with automation
- Water pond & water systems cleaning
- Gypsum, Lime, and other minerals