Industrial Drone Inspections
Thompson offers drone inspections for increased safety and less downtime while providing high resolution images and video.
Safe Inspections that Decrease Downtime & Risk
Thompson Industrial Services is committed to providing the latest industrial cleaning technologies—automating wherever possible. We now offer safe and efficient aerial drone inspections throughout your facility. Using Thompson’s drone services on your next boiler or facility inspection ensures you keep employees safe and time minimized. We can remotely access dangerous or complex areas of your plant without human exposure or scaffolding.
- Increased Safety for Inspectors & Plant Personnel
- Remote access eliminates confined space entry & scaffold needs
- Drone can enter hazardous environments unsafe for human entry
- Safe cage will not injure humans or equipment if it comes into contact – meaning no risk of crash or injury
- Decrease Downtime & Inspection Costs
- Less preparations, manhours, equipment & safety measures required
- High Resolution Images & Video
- Delivers images up to 0.2mm/px even in complete darkness
- Inspects the unreachable with its LED lighting & thermal imagery
- Internal Boiler Inspections
- Internal Tank Inspections
- Coal Bunkers
- External Elevated Inspections
- Large Diameter Piping
- Fly Ash Silos
- Aerial Property
- Gas/Oil Pipelines
- Cooling Tower
- Inspections- external
- HRSG Inspections
- Stack inspections
- Wind & solar farms
Ductwork issues in the ceiling of the paper machine building. The only way for the mill to access it was to spend thousands of dollars on scaffolding.
Thompson proposed our new drone technology as an alternative to the dangerous and expensive scaffolding. The drone was able to inspect hard-to-reach areas quickly and safely saving the mill significant time and money.
The Paper Machine Manager at the mill reported that “the video quality was perfect and allowed us to see our problem area. If there are issues in hard to reach places, then Thompson’s drone inspection service is the way to go.”