Wet & Dry Vacuuming
We provide dustless cleaning and remove thick, sludgy materials not removable by conventional methods.
Largest Fleet in the Southeast
We operate the largest fleet of mobile vacuum (AKA hydrovac) collection and conveying equipment in the Southeast with over 100 vacuum trucks, and are expanding to the North and Central US. Our vacuum trucks are ordered and built to meet standards such as 27″ HG, 6,000 CFM, with tank capacities up to 17 cubic yards.
Liquid Vacuum Trucks
Thompson Industrial also offers liquid vacuum trucks (frequently known as hydrovacs) with up to 3,500 gallon capacity. Highly specialized units can simultaneously hydroblast sewer lines and vacuum the resulting debris.
Our Expertise is Our Personnel
Our committed and highly trained staff is the foundation of our vacuuming service. Thompson Industrial operators use a modern, versatile fleet of mobile vacuum units, ensuring maximum efficiency.
Emergency Response You Can Count On
Our skilled and professional personnel are on call 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to meet all of your emergency needs. When you call 800-849-8040 you will always reach a genuine, dedicated Thompson employee and not a machine or answering service. Our full-time dispatch personnel are knowledgeable professionals with access to our 19 locations’ of highly-trained crews, an extensive fleet of specialized equipment and on-demand support services. Service is in our name for a great reason – it’s what we do and we do it very well – responsively and with safety top-of-mind.
Hazard Alert: Combustible Dust
Automated Capabilities with RoboVac
Thompson’s newest automated vacuum robot technology, RoboVac offers the latest addition to our line of safe, automated innovations. Robovac is a hydraulically driven unit with completely portable power pack that offers the following benefits:
- Eliminates hazardous material exposure
- Reduces required manpower for particular tank cleaning projects
- Cleans more efficiently than a human operator (zero human fatigue factor)
- Has a Visual Inspection System in confined spaces to remove the need for human entry
- Video records the full cleaning and inspection
- The hydraulically driven rotating auger attachment breaks up hard material that is then vacuumed at the hose opening behind the auger.
- Emergency response with over 100 vacuum trucks
- Automated vacuuming capabilities
- Meets all needs including dry, liquid, & sludge vacuuming
- 3,500 gallon capacity liquid vacuum trucks
- Simultaneously Hydroblast sewer lines & vacuum debris
- Ultra hot (700°F) material vacuuming
- Remote unloading/containment
- Pneumatic-assist vacuum excavation
- Hydro-assist vacuum excavation (“safe / soft dig”)
- Custom applications
- Highly trained and experienced hydrovac operators
- Ash Hoppers
- Floor Drains
- Sewage Treatment Plants
- Tanks & Railcars
- Drainage Systems
- Fly Ash (hot)
- Lagoon & Catch Basins
- Production & Process Piping
- Wet/Dry Spills
During routine outage maintenance work, a customer discovered the presence of foreign material objects inside a vital process drain system. Water jetting methods, such as hydro laser, could not be used. The difficult task presented limited access and safety-related concerns.
We assembled the necessary robotic tooling and equipment required to successfully recover all foreign material objects, then cleaned the piping and safely contained and segregated remaining waste materials.
Complex project tasks were safely completed, ahead of estimated schedule and under budget.