Routine, Outages & Turnarounds
Thompson’s professional, experienced and highly talented Project & Outage Management Team ensures a safe, well-executed, cost-controlled and organized job with optimal results.
The Outage and Project Management Team
Thompson takes pride in offering the safest and most productive service possible, saving clients time, money and unneeded risk. Having the advanced automation equipment and highly skilled teams are two of three crucial components to achieving that goal. The third component is providing seamless execution through an organized plan and follow-through.
Saving Our Customers Valuable Time
Thompson developed the Outage (and Project) Management Team when we saw an opportunity to maximize efficiency and resource allocation for our clients. This team is comprised of seasoned industrial cleaning experts with over 75 years of combined industrial cleaning experience. The team ensures a safe, well-executed, cost-controlled project or shutdown with optimal results.
The OMT plans, organizes, motivates and controls resources, procedures and protocols to achieve all project goals. The primary challenge is to meet or exceed clients’ objectives while honoring the preconceived constraints of scope, time, quality and budget. They combine extensive pre-planning, on-site execution, daily reporting and post-project review.
How it's done
- The OMT is actively involved in the upfront planning and scheduling of every outage/project
- They have extensive experience and historical data to help project and forecast job durations and identify opportunities to optimize schedules and minimize the resources needed.
- The team ensures thorough communication on a daily basis of all activities described above and will secure approval/changes before surpassing any PO amount.
- They track and report valuable information back to the client:
- % Completion vs % Estimated Time
- % Spent vs Estimated Cost
- Documented and quantified stand-by time, scope changes, and add-on jobs
- This information plus any custom-requested data is reported to the client daily